Well, yesterday, since the weather was awesome and the gardens were well overdue for some TLC I figured that we would bundle into the car (Matt, Mea and I) and head to bunnings for some garden lovin'... so that is exactly what we did.
While Matt pottered in the manly sections, Miranda and I filled our cart up with pansies, poppies, and some other flower seedlings that I have forgotten the name of. All i know is they start with C and i am too tired to go check out what the tag says. ~L~... Miranda got her face painted like a lady bug and informed me that corriander is a lady bugs best friend.
Last year she planted corriander and we had an amazing crop of it, which lasted months and months until i finally got tired of trying to coko things that contained corriander, convince the neighbours they needed more, and taking it to work.. anyway... another punnet was bought for the garden this year... ofcourse, while miranda doesnt eat too much of it, hunting for lady bugs in the garden definately keeps her occupied for ages of a weekend. So, still waiting for daddy, who by this time was needed to life heavy bags of fertiliser, manure and mulch onto our cart, we found someone making cotton candy as part of the stores easter celebrations.. so a little while later with a daddy used well, and now in toe, our lips and tongues blue from the candy, we headed home to play.
We only got one bed done yesterday although before that, while matt was mowing, i got onto the opposite side of the yard and freed the grass, or our poor excuse for a lawn from a horrid weed we have here, which creeps over the ground and suffocates everything in its path. It was like laying a lawn, only in reverse. I was litterally rolling up the weed as i went, and the piles of it at the end, looked like turf waiting to be laid.. well.. kinda. This morning, since i dont do the change from day light savings to normal time well, I got up at 6.30 and headed out into the garden again to prepare the other bed, and the planter pots for planting. Man did i do some digging!
Matt joined up the boxing gym last week so that he could come along with me, push me hard and work out with me with things that i need a partner to do things with, and since we didnt get there over the weekend, due to the fact they were closed for the eater weekend, i think we both got our workout regardless.
As a easter gesture, since I was adement that I was avioding as much chocolate as possible, Matt offered, firstly to send me researching online for what ever die cutting system I wanted to buy, but we after much discussion and fuss made by me, decided that i would not use one enough for the HUGE outlay they are... so he sent me shopping instead. I was looking for a store that sold My Little Shoebox papers, and October Afternoon all in one place, and not only did I find them, I found them at discounted price as what I can only explain as the best little online Aladdins cave that I have ever come across. Or, should I say, Anna's cave. Anna has everything that I wanted and soooo much more!
It is definately the place that I will be returning to, over and over again. There is so much more that this gal "needs".
Anyway.. Im missing out on sleepy snuggles with my little girl and my man and a movie that I was going to watch has well and truely started.. so im going to say...
Night..
Hope that your easter was spent relaxing, having fun and safely!
Monday, April 05, 2010
All in a days work..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! I have been checking and checking. When you chatter..you chatter! *laffs* I did read them all. Glad Matt is helping you.
Love you and I will keep checking but I am pressed for time now.
*Hugs ya and runs*
Post a Comment